GENERAL EDUCATION – 150 items
1. The words “inappropriate, illegal, irresponsible and unaware” have prefixes which are classified as_______.
A. positive C. negative
B. common D. neutral
2. Which does NOT belong?
A. Hypothesis C. Conclusion
B. Surmise D. Conjecture
3. Which does NOT belong?
A. Foot C. Centigrade
B. Kilometer D. Mile
4. “Blessed are _________ sorrowing for _________ shall be comforted.”
A. the-you C. you-they
B. the-they D. they-they
5. When I met Pilar yesterday, it was the first time I __________ her since Christmas.
A. have seen C. have been seen
B. saw D. had seen
6. If you want to be recognized, have a finger in the pie.
A. Dip finger the pie C. Join a group
B. Take a share of the pie D. Take an active part in something
7. Your father is paying for your plane ticket, __________?
A. isn’t it C. isn’t he
B. is he D. aren’t you
8. It’s now two hours past his schedule; the facilitator may not come anymore, but we’ll still be ready in case he __________.
A. is coming C. does
B. may D. will come
9. He was excused because all he said were white lies.
The underlined idiomatic expression means ___________.
A. lies are really harmless C. lies are written on white page
B. lies recited are excusable D. she recited the lies in public
10. This grade on your essay is low. Did your teacher suggest __________ another?
A. you will make C. to write
B. writing D. revise
11. Wise people can _________with frustrations.
A. cope up C. cope in
B. cope on D. cope
12. Is this the spot _________ you had the accident?
A. why C. wherein
B. where D. which
13. “Nothing happens in this world by chance; it is all part of a grand design.”
The author speaks of one’s _________.
A. ambition C. destiny
B. luck D. dream
14. These towels are ________ for us to dry dishes.
A. very dry C. so wet
B. very wet D. too wet
15. Which sounds like “when”?
A. While C. Whine
B. Pin D. Pet
16. Manolo approached the platform with his speech. His palms were sweaty and his hands were shaking. He felt the palpitations if his chest and perspiration began to appear at his forehead. Manolo is experiencing _________.
A. heart attack C. stage fright
B. nausea D. epilepsy
17. What figure of speech is present in this line of the poem “The Brook”?
“The second time it was a tiny snake.”
A. Personification C. Simile
B. Metaphor D. Apostrophe
18. The “Rubaiyat”, a loosely joined series of 180 stanzas, has this general theme. Which one?
A. Always look forward to a new day. C. Grasp pleasure while you can.
B. Never give in to death easily. D. Create your own world and beautify it.
19. Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rage at close of day;
Raged, against the dying of the light.
The person in the lines above could be characterized as ________.
A. pessimistic C. courageous
B. violent D. strong
20. In Psalm 23 otherwise known as “Psalm of David”, what is the closest meaning to the line:
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures; he leadeth me beside the still waters.”
A. He will be given riches and mercy. C. He will always obey his master for his glory.
B. He will be known throughout the land D. He will be provided peace and prosperity.
21. The Master said:
“Only one who bursts with eagerness do I instruct. Only one who bubbles with excitement do I enlighten”.
These lines give one the idea that true learning _________.
A. makes man a disciple of instruction C. is capable of making man
B. involves patience and dash of lethargy D. comes with commitment and passion
22. “Katulad ng wika ang isang halaman. Sa matabang lupa kusang lalago ito kung may sapat na tubig at liwanag.”
Ang pahayag na ito ni Teongociang ay umaayon sa _________.
A. Taglish C. puristang paniniwala
B. dekolonisasyon D. intelektwalisasyon
23. Alin sa mga sumusunod ang salitang pambansa?
A. PInoy C. Mapagkumbaba
B. Kamusta D. Nagdadalantao
24. Ano ang tuntunin ngayon na susundin sa pagtutumbas sa Filipino ng “rice terraces”?
A. Kung ano ang bigkas siyang sulat C. Tumbasan sa Espanyol at baybayin sa Filipino
B. Gamitin ang katutubong D. Hiramin nang ganap
25. Ang pagkautal ay matatawag na ________ na sagabal sa pagsasalita.
A. saykolohikal C. pisikal
B. pisyolohikal D. semantiko
26. Alin ang naganap na pagbabagong morpoponemiko sa salitang Tagalog?
A. Asimilasyon C. Metatesis
B. Pag-aangkop D. Pagpapalit
27. “Heto na, heto na, heto,/wahh! / Doo bidoo bidoo, bidoo, bidoo”
Alin ang nabuong salita o tunog sa linya na nabuo ayon sa teoryang pooh-pooh?
A. Heto C. Na
B. Doo bidoo D. Wahh
28. “Kung kinakailangan ang lakas upang maigupo ang isang mapaniil na pamahalaan o ang isang hari-hariang pinuno, wika ang tambuling tagapukaw sa mga anak ng lahi. Patay ang isang tao kapag walang kaluluwa. Mahigit pa sa patay ang isang bayan kapg walang iisang wika”
Alin sa mga sumusunod na malalim na salitang ginamit sa talata ang may kasalungat na pares?
A. Tambuli-trumpeta C. Maigupo-matalo
B. Mapaniil-mapagkandili D. Tagapukaw-tagagising
29. “Pen pen de sarapen/de cuchillo de almasen/haw haw de carabao batuten”
Pinatunayan ng linyan ang paglaganap ng wika dahil sa ________.
A. pananakop C. modernisasyon
B. pakikipagkalakalan D. heograpiya
30. Kung sa pakikinig ang may layuning malibang ay mauuri bilang apresyatib, mauuri naman sa pagbasa bilang _______.
A. mapanuri C. scanning
B. intensibo D. ekstensibo
31. Mahaba ang pahayag ni Socrates kaya kailangan iyong mahalaga lamang ang dapat na mabasa kaya gumamit siya ng ________.
A. sintesis C. abstrak
B. direktang sipi D. ellipsis
32. Sa panahong ito ________ sana muna ng mga magulang sa pagkuha ng mga insyurans.
A. pahalagahan C. pakaunawain
B. pakaisipin D. pakaayusin
33. Sa pngugusap na “Panahon na upang magdilat ng mata at makisangkot sa mga usapin”, ano ang ibig ipahiwatig?
A. idilat ang mga mata C. kalimutan ang isyu
B. umiwas sa usapin D. maging sa katotohanan
34. Alin ang mali sa pangungusap na ito?
Ilan taon ring namahinga sa pag-awit ang sikat na si Whitney Houston.
A. ang sikat C. sa pag-awit
B. ring D. ilang taon
35. Alin ang pinakatamang pahayag?
A. Tiningala niya ang langit. C. Sinulyapan niya ang langit.
B. Tinitigan niya ang langit. D. Tinitingnan niya ang langit.
36. “You can count on me”. Ang pinakamalapit na salin nito ay _________.
A. “maasahan mo siya” C. “maasahan mo ako”
B. “bilangan mo kami” D. “ibilang mo ako”
37. Si Lolo Jose ay malakas pa kahit alog na ang baba. Ang kahulugan ng may salungguhit ay ________.
A. masakit ang baba C. matanda na
B. bata pa D. malabo ang mata
38. If July 12, 2003 fell on Tuesday, on what day will July 12, 2005 fall?
A. Thursday C. Sunday
B. Friday D. Monday
39. A map is drawn to scale such that 1.5 cm on the map corresponds to 75 km in actual distance. How many cm on the map would represent the distance between two towns which are 270 km apart?
A. 2.7 cm C. 1.8 cm
B. 3.6 cm D. 5.4 cm
40. How much greater is the sum of the first 20 counting numbers than the sum of the first 10 counting numbers?
A. 110 C. 100
B. 55 D. 155
41. Which of these statements is always TRUE?
A. The sum of 3 consecutive pages of a book is always odd.
B. The sum of two square numbers CANNOT be odd.
C. The sum of the page number of two consecutive pages of book is even.
D. The sum of the 5 consecutive numbers is always divisible by 5.
42. A father and son working together can finish painting a room in 6 hours. Working alone, the father takes 9 hours to do painting. How many painting hours will it take the son, working alone, to finish painting the room?
A. 18 C. 75
B. 15 D. 12
43. Which common fraction is equivalent to .216?
A. B. C. D.
44. From a 75m bolt/roll of clothing material, 28 school uniforms are made. Each uniform uses 2¬m. How many meters of material are left?
A. 8 ¾ C. 16
B. 10¬ D. 12
45. Nelia takes ¾ hour to dress and get ready for school. It takes her 4/5 hour to reach school. If her class starts promptly at 8: 15 am; what is the latest time she can jump out of bed in order not to be late for school?
A. 6:42 am C. 6:45 am
B. 6: 50 am D. 7:22 am
46. In a playground for kindergarten kids, 18 children are riding tricycles or bicycles. If there are 43 wheels in all, how many tricycles are there?
A. 8 C. 7
B. 9 D. 11
47. Simplify -
48. A child can be admitted to Grade 1 if he/she is at least 5 years and 10 months old by June of the school year. Which of these birthdates will disqualify a child from being admitted to Grade 1 on June 15, 2009?
A. June 10, 2003 C. May 5, 2003
B. January 10, 2003 D. April 30, 2003
49. A time deposit bank will mature after 91 days. If the deposit was made on April 28, on what date will it mature?
A. June 28 C. July 28
B. July 18 D. July 29
50. The readings on a water meter in April and May are 417.8 kl and 430.4 kl. If there is a basic charge of 23 pesos and the cost per kl is 20 pesos, how much is the billing for water consumption between the two months?
A. P 2520 C. P 2543
B. P 272 D. P 275
51. One side of a 45° - 45° -90° triangle measures 5 cm. what is the length of its hypotenuse?
B. 5 cm D.
52. An online shop sells a certain calculator for P 850 and charges P 250 for shipping within Manila, regardless of the number of calculators ordered. Which of the following equations shows the total cost (y) of an order as a function of the number of calculators ordered (x)?
A. y=(850+250)x C. y = 850x+250
B. y=250x+850 D. x=850y+250
53. How many glasses of Cola each to be filled with 150 cu cm of the liquid can be made from 5 family size bottles of cola containing 1.5 liters?
A. 60 C. 40
B. 45 D. 50
54. The edges of a cubical frame are made from plastic straws. How much longer is the total length of the plastic edges of a cube whose edge is 10 cm compared to a cube whose edge is 8 cm?
A. 32 cm C. 24 cm
B. 8 cm D. 16 cm
55. How many different rectangles can be found in the diagram below?
A. 8 C. 5
B. 4 D. 9
56. If the width of a rectangle is reduced by 20% and the length is also reduced by 20%, what percent of the original area is the new area of the rectangle?
A. 60% C. 80%
B. 64% D. 36%
57. How many square inches are in 1 square yard?
A. 900 C. 1296
B. 144 D. 648
58. Which of these has the longest perimeter?
A. a rectangle 19 cm long and 24 cm wide
B. a right triangle whose two legs are 24 and 32 cm
C. a square 21 cm on a side
D. An equilateral triangle whose side is 28 cm
59. Determine the midpoint of the line segment joining the joints (5, -3) and (-1, 6).
A. (2, 3/2) C. (3, 3/2)
B. (2, -3/2) D. (1, 5/2)
60. The legs of one right triangle are 9 and 12, while those of another right triangle are 12 and 16. How much longer is the perimeter of the larger triangle than the perimeter of the smaller triangle?
A. 84 C. 12
B. 7 D. 14
61. In a circle with center O, arc RS=132 degrees.
How many degrees are there in angle RSO?
A. 22 C. 20
B. 24 D. 48
62. One angle of a parallelogram is 35? What are the measures of the three other angles?
A. 145°, 35°, 145° C. 85°, 135°, 140°
B. 45°, 65°, 170° D. 35°, 65°, 65°
63. A series of square figures are made with match sticks. If the first three figures are the following, how many matchsticks will be needed to form the 6th figure?
A. 60 C. 84
B. 5 D. 40
64. If = then x equals the
A. product of a and b C. difference of a and b
B. sum of a and b D. quotient of b and a
65. On a certain day, three computer technicians took turns in manning a 24-hour internet shop. The number of hours Cesar, Bert and Danny were on duty was in the ratio of 1:2:3, respectively. The shop owner pays them Php 40 per hour. How much would Danny receive for that day?
A. Php 230 C. Php 160
B. Php 960 D. Php 480
66. A bus has seven vacant seats. If three additional passengers enter the bus, I how many different ways can they be seated?
A. 6 C. 5040
B. 210 D. 35
67. Ruben’s grades in 6 subjects are 88, 89, 84, 90, 91 and 86. What is the least grade that he should aim for in the 7th subject if he has to have an average of 88?
A. 91 C. 93
B. 90 D. 92
68. In how many ways can 7 people be seated around a circular table?
A. 49 C. 5 040
B. 720 D. 14
69. A committee of 3 is to be selected from a group of 5 girls and 3 boys. What is the probability that two boys are selected?
A. 15/56 C. 3/56
B. 8/56 D. 5/56
70. A student has ten posters to pin up on the walls of her room, but there is space for only seven. In how many ways can she choose the posters to be pinned up?
A. 5 040 C. 120
B. 604 800 D. 7
71. A retailer buys candies for Php 37.50. The pack has 25 pieces of candies. If she sells each candy for Php 2.25, how much profit does she make?
A. Php 15.50 C. Php 37.50
B. Php 56.25 D. Php 18.75
72. In how many ways can four boys and four girls be seated in a row containing eight seats if boys and girls must sit in alternate seats?
A. 1 152 C. 40 320
B. 24 D. 576
73. During periods of increased global temperatures, which of the following is most likely to occur?
A. a decrease in earthquakes C. a decrease in atmospheric CO2
B. an increase in earthquakes D. an increase in atmospheric CO2
74. Which of the following human activities reduces the level of ozone in the atmosphere?
A. using large banks of solar cells for energy production
B. using artificial lighting in scientific polar stations
C. releasing of fluorocarbons from aerosol cans
D. destroying large areas of the equatorial rain forests
75. If two variables X and Y are directly related, which of these is NOT true?
A. when X is low, Y also is low
B. as X increases, Y also increases
76. What is the most significant cause if dwindling biodiversity?
A. large plant consumption C. destruction of habitat
B. global warming D. Depletion of ozone layer
77. The existence of extraterrestrial life may never be proven, but his idea will become more scientifically acceptable over time if _________.
A. alternative hypotheses are proposed and confirmed
B. hypotheses are made related to the idea
C. no one disputes this idea in a scientific forum
D. increasing scientific evidence supports the idea
78. Why is incineration not favored as a method of waste disposal?
A. it is expensive for a country like ours
B. The country lacks funds to install incinerators
C. It requires large energy expenditures
D. It releases noxious gases
79. Teacher M showed the class the potted plants placed on the window sills. She asked them to observe the direction of their growth. The pupils observed that the plants tended to grow outward. Then Teacher M asked the class this question: “Why do you think they grow outward?”
What was Teacher M engaging the pupils to do?
A. Observe C. Draw conclusion
B. Formulate D. Design an experiment
80. Which of the following has the smallest mass when measured in an equal arm balance?
A. ½ sheet of pad paper C. ¼ sheet of pad paper
B. 1/8 sheet of pad paper D. 1/3 sheet of pad paper
81. Which of the following activities help REDUCE water pollution?
A. Throwing only liquid wastes
B. Cleaning with soap instead of detergents
C. Treating wastewater before it is discharged
D. Using organic fertilizers in farms
82. Leaves are green in the sunlight because _________.
A. they absorb the green light C. they absorb the blue and yellow object and yellow light
B. their tints bounce off D. they reflect green light
83. Which of the following is TRUE about light and seeing?
A. Lights enter the eyes enabling people to see objects.
B. Light goes out from the eyes, hits an object, and then returns to the eyes.
C. Light rays coming from an object meets light coming from a light source and then enters the eyes.
D. Light hits an object, bounces, and then enters the eyes.
84. A tray filled with ice was left on a table. After one hour, it was observed that some of the ice had changed to liquid. Which of the following is TRUE about the temperature of the ice and the liquid?
I. The temperature of the ice did not change
II. The temperature of ice became higher
III. The temperature of water is higher than the temperature of the ice
A. II only C. III only
B. I and III D. I only
85. A stainless steel spoon feels colder than a plastic spoon because stainless steel _________.
A. absorbs less heat from the hand than plastic does
B. is really colder than plastic
C. has a lower temperature than plastic
D. conducts heat away from the hand faster than plastic does
86. Why does the level of water in a breaker rise after a stone is placed in it?
A. the stone and water occupy the same space
B. the stone takes the place occupied by water
C. the stone has more mass than the water
D. the water weighs less than the stone
87. In President Quezon’s time, the country had the Philippine Commonwealth. What is TRUE about the Philippine Commonwealth?
The Filipinos were _________.
A. partially independent
B. granted total freedom to course their destiny only on matters of education
C. citizens of the United States
D. fully independent
88. What does “presumption of innocence” mean in so far as human rights is concerned?
A suspect _________.
A. has the right to remain silent C. is considered guilty unless proven otherwise
B. remains innocent until proven guilty D. has the right to a legal counsel
89. What development has taken place in our form of government from the pre-Hispanic Philippines to the present?
I. We have come from a one-man rule to a government of the people, by the people, and for the people.
II. We began with a one-man rule and have ended up with a dictatorial form of government.
III. We started with a dictatorial form of government that has developed into the present democratic form.
A. I and III C. II
B. III D. I
90. In connection with government transactions involving public interest, which policy is adopted by the Constitution to assure the public of accountability and transparency?
A. Rural development and agrarian reform
B. Private enterprise and incentives to needed investments
C. Full public disclosure
D. Balanced and healthful ecology
91. With the Batasang Pambansa performing legislative and executive powers in the Marcos regime, which form of government was implemented?
A. Monarchial C. Presidential
B. Parliamentary D. Dicatatorial
92. As a result of EDSA I, the Philippines _________.
A. changed its form of government to parliamentary
B. intensified its participation in international affairs
C. saw the impeachment of Joseph Estrada as president
D. became known worldwide for its People’s Power Revolution
93. Rizal focused the “La Liga Filipina” to _________.
I. unite the whole country
II. fight violence and justice
III. revolt against the Spaniards
A. I and III C. I and II
B. II and III D. II only
94. Which is TRUE of the Philippines?
A. It has been colonized by two European colonial powers.
B. There have been attempts to change its government to a parliamentary form.
C. It has been an independent nation ever since.
D. It has evolved from a colony to a fully independent nation.
95. Which is TRUE of the historical development of the Philippines?
A. It has been an independent nation.
B. It has not achieved full independence from the very beginning.
C. It has been an independent nation ever since.
D. It has evolved from a colony to a fully independent nation.
96. This year’s SONA was focused on education and economy. What is meant by SONA?
A. Speech of the Nation Assembly
B. Speech of the Nation Address
C. State of the Nation Advocacy
D. State of the Nation Address
97. Which statement is TRUE of the pre-Spanish Filipino government?
A. There was a court created by the datu to hear complaints.
B. The datu exercised all powers of government.
C. Laws were formulated by a law making body elected by the community.
D. Laws were formulated by a law-making body appointed by the datu.
98. With which are the words “Cha-cha” and “con ass” associated?
A. Imposition of martial law
B. Return to dictatorial form of government
C. Amendment of the present constitution
D. Division between Senate and House of Representatives
99. The Comprehensive Agrarian Reform and cooperatives are meant to _________.
A. to improve on the country’s literacy rate
B. to make all citizens equal
C. bridge the gap between the rich and the poor
D. eradicate poverty in the country
100. How can the Comprehensive Agrarian Reform Program bring about social equity and economic prosperity in the country?
I. By distributing the ownership of land to farmers for value charge
II. By transferring the ownership of land to farmers for value
III. By helping the affected landowners to use their land compensation in viable business activities
IV. By providing support services to farmer-beneficiaries
A. I, II and III C. II, III and IV
B. I, II and IV D. I, III and IV
101. When one company controls the supply of sugar, which term applies?
A. Economic stability C. Equilibrium
B. Monopoly D. Inflation
102. When parents decide to sent their children to private school and pay their tuition fee instead of sending them to the public school, they don’t get their share in the benefit derived from the taxes they pay.
This is a case of _________.
A. social inequity C. social injustice
B. double taxation D. double jeopardy
103. Which does one display when he thinks that what is foreign is best and that was is local is inferior?
A. Relativism C. Ethnocentrism
B. Favoritism D. Xenocentrism
104. Upon which is the claim that there is no single universal standard to be used to judge any culture based?
A. Cultural diversity C. Cultural relativism
B. Culture shock D. Ethnical relativism
105. You have to take extra care when you critique the work of a Filipino. Your negative comment may be mistaken to be an attack against his/her person. Upon which Filipino trait is this advice based?
A. “Bayanihan” spirit C. “Sakop” mentality
B. Extreme personalism D. Adaptability
106. Which of the following was the first to happen?
A. Aguinaldo declared Philippine independence
B. Guerilla warfare against the US was initiated
C. The Philippines was ceded to the US by the Treaty of Paris
D. Aguinaldo was captured
107. If they were to come back to life, who among the following would be the most vocal to speak against the country’s foreign policy of close association with America?
A. Jose P. Laurel, Elpidio Quirino
B. Leon Ma. Guerrero Jr., Jose P. Laurel
C. Claro M. Recto, Leon Ma. Guerrero
D. Claro M. Recto, Jose P. Laurel
108. To stimulate the nation’s economy and increase employment, past President Diosdado Macapagal _________
A. borrowed money from the World Bank
B. standardized the salaries of government employees
C. abolished government repressive controls
D. gave incentives to home cottage industries
109. Based on his work “Sa aking Mga Kabata”, would Rizal favor the use of mother tongue in the early grades?
A. He did not express it clearly C. No
B. Yes, but mixed with English D. Yes
110. Out of used illustration boards, students came up with cute and functional bags for school children.
Which Filipino trait is exhibited?
A. Adaptability C. Family-orientedness
B. Creativity D. Pagkabayani
111. On which Filipino trait does Gawad Kalinga build on?
A. Extreme personalism C. Bayanihan spirit
B. Joy and humor D. Adaptability
112. The Filipino’s indominate spirit is shown in his _________.
A. utang-na loob C. self-reliance
B. friendliness D. ability to survive
113. Let’s assume that universalities will be required to offer education programs at the graduate rather than at the undergraduate level. Based on this information, how should you respond?
A. Disagree C. Agree
B. Not enough information D. Neutral
114. One reason why the NCEE was abolished was because it was anti-poor. Which explanation logically supports this reasoning?
A. The NCEE served as a measure to counteract the “diploma mill” mentality of Filipinos.
B. It’s good that NCEE was abolished because that would mean only those fit for college would go to college.
C. Most of those who did not pass the NCEE were graduates of deprived schools.
D. College education liberates the poor from the bondage of poverty.
115. Art and music are necessary ingredients to a child’s education. Which statement/s support/s the idea of this sentence?
I. Music and art intensify a child’s imagination.
II. Music teaches a discipline, team work, math and poetry through rhythm.
III. Painting helps a kinesthetic express abstract concepts in concrete forms.
A. I only C. I and II
B. I, II and III D. III only
116. Rizal said: “There are no tyrants where there are no slaves.” Which logically explains this?
I. If the Filipino were treated as slaves by the Spaniards it was because they allowed themselves to be treated as
II. It was equally the fault of the Filipinos why the Spaniards treated them as slaves.
III. The Spaniards were tyrants and so they treated the Filipino as slaves.
A. I C. I and II
B. III D. II
117. You are often told: “Poverty is not a hindrance to success.” What does this imply?
A. It is other people that hinder people to succeed.
B. What a person becomes in the life is a product of his/her own choice.
C. A person is totally conditioned by his/her environment.
D. The “promdi” student does not succeed because of his/her place of origin.
118. What a student can do differs from what he will do. What does this prove?
A. Motivation and ability always to together.
B. Motivation differs from ability.
C. Students of today are hardly motivated.
D. Ability is the opposite of motivation.
119. A Biology teacher described herself biologically: “M estrogen level is decreasing and I have signs of osteoporosis.”
What is TRUE of the Biology teacher?
A. She is a chain smoker C. She is a spinster
B. She is in her late adolescence D. She is in her post-menopausal period
120. A secret word that must be entered into the computer before a person is allowed to get or change information is called _________.
A. program C. statement
B. password D. input
121. The search for related literature by accessing several data bases by the use of a telephone line to connect a computer library with other computers that have database is termed _________.
A. manual search C. compact disc search
B. on-line search D. computer search
122. Which refers to a single phrase or word that tells the computer to do something with a program or file?
A. Password C. Command
B. Computer program D. Computer language
123. I writing a letter, which productivity tool is used?
A. Pagemaker C. Spreadsheet
B. Word processing D. Publisher
124. Like the typewriter, the computer has a _________.
A. screen C. keyboard
B. cursor D. disk drive
125. Which application program provides one with a means to organize and present information through the use of text, numbers, graphs, sounds and visual images?
A. Publisher C. Multimedia
B. Spreadsheet D. Word processing
126. Which one links the computers to base computer making it possible to share software materials?
A. Modern C. Local area network
B. Interface D. Internet
127. What is/are the best ways to a child’s development according to the statement?
I. Meet the child where the child is.
II. Allow the child to develop according to his/her pace.
III. Compare a child to another in order to motivate her/him to catch up with other children’s development.
A. II and III C. I, II and III
B. I and III D. I and II
What message does the statement have for teachers?
A. Just look at the flowers when you are tempted to hurry up the development of a child.
B. Provide children with developmentally appropriate practices.
C. Games will help develop children naturally.
D. Avoid comparing a child with other children.
129. Which statement is in support of the statement given above?
A. A teacher’s moment-by-moment actions and interactions with children are the most powerful determinant of learning outcomes and development.
B. We can’t make children’s dendrites grow faster or insist that important connections in the brain be made.
C. It is the early childhood educator who has both the immense responsibility of creating the learning environment that will intrigue and stimulate the whole child.
D. Each child’s braing is unique and vastly different from one another.
130. What kind of an improvement process is in keeping with SBM?
A. I and II C. II and III
B. I and III D. I, II and III
131. In SBM, who is empowered to lead the school and the community for improvement?
A. the parent leaders C. the principal
B. the school head D. the teachers
132. Which word/phrase does NOT go with school-based management?
A. transparency C. continuous improvement
B. authoritarian leadership D. partnership
133. “Spring” in the first stanza represents all but one of the following ________.
A. a budding relationship C. colorful world of people in love
B. the beginning of love D. the end of bachelorhood
134. The word “summer” in the second stanza suggests _________.
A. hot environment C. vacation from school
B. mixed feelings D. heightened emotions
135. In the third stanza, “autumn” may mean all of the following EXCEPT ________.
A. irreconcilable differences waning of feelings
B. problem faced by lovers
C. falling out of love
D. death of the love
136. In L. Paras-Sulit’s short story “Harvest”, which people compose this world?
I. Those constantly in search of beauty
II. Those who seek to destroy beauty
III. Those who created beauty
A. I, II and III C. I and III
B. I and II D. II and III
137. The theme of Nick Joaquin’s short story “May Day Eve” is _________.
A. it is good for a person to love and lose than to not have loved at all
B. true love is eternal and permanent
C. justice should prevail in every endeavor
D. it is foolish and dangerous to base one’s worthy endeavors on superstitious beliefs
138. The theme of “Hidden Sea” written by Stevan Javellana is _________.
A. the good is victorious; evil will be punished
B. insatiable greed leads to destruction; therefore man has to strive for simplicity
C. the sea is a mixture of all beautiful things; therefore we have to preserve the sea
D. man is a paradox, a mixture of good and evil; it is only through love that admirable qualities may be
139. Ano ang mahalagang pag-uugali ng tao ang pinahihiwatig ng binasang talataan?
A. Maging makatarungan tayo sa lahat ng bagay, tao at panahon.
B. Humanda tayong lagi sa mga suliraning darating sa ating buhay.
C. Maging positibo tayo sa pag-iisip at pagbibigay pasiya.
D. Gawin natin lagi ang magagandang bagay, ang pagtawag at paghingi ng tulong sa Diyos.
140. Saan itinulad ng may-akda ang ating buhay?
A. Sa malakas na bagyo C. Sa init at lamig ng panahon
B. Sa masarap na putahe D. Sa putahe at sa panahon
141. Ano ang pangunahing paksa na inilahad sa talataan?
A. harapin ang buhay at isaisip ang kasabihang umasa sa Diyos na hindi magpapabaya
B. Pagkat kaloob ng Diyos sa tao ang pagdurusa, sakit at suliranin, nariyan Siya upang tao ay damayan
C. Harapin ng buong tapang ang buhay na may lungkot at ligaya, at magtiwala sa Poong Maykapal
D. Buong giting na humarap sa buhay mabagyo man o maaraw
142. Alin ang hindi bunga batay sa talata?
A. Karukhaan C. Kalungkutan
B. Ligaya D. Karangalan
143. Ang paghihirap ng bayani ay sanhi ng ________.
A. digmaan C. kahinaan ng bayani
B. pagkamakasarili D. kawalang malay
144. Kung gagamitan ng paghihibla sa mga konsepto sa talata, alin ang pinakagitna?
A. Ligaya C. Pag-ibig
B. Kabayanihan D. Kaginhawaan
145. Is there any defect in the experimental design?
A. Yes, there is, but was compensated for by the use of not only one type of fish.
B. Yes, there is, but was remedied by the fact that 3 kinds of detergents were used.
C. Yes, not only one but several.
D. None, it is a simple yet perfect design.
146. How can the experimental design be improved?
I. Focus on one independent variable at a time, e.g. brand of detergent
II. Make use of the same type and size of fish
III. Increase the number of fish and reduce the number if detergent brands involved.
A. I only C. I and II
B. I and III D. II only
147. What is the dependent variable?
A. the amount of water C. the amount of detergent
B. the effect of detergent on fish D. the brand of detergent
148. What is defective with the experimental design?
A. It is very complicated .
B. There is no testable hypothesis.
C. There are so many independent variables the effects of which are tested at the same time.
D. There are a lot of biases involved.
149. What is the experimental group?
A. The baby janitor fish with 1 tbsp of Champion
B. The tilapia with 1 tbsp of Tide
C. Cannot be determined
D. The goldfish wit 1 tbsp of Surf
150. What is the control group?
A. The baby janitor fish with 1 tbsp of Champion
B. The tilapia with 1 tbsp of Tide
C. The goldfish wit 1 tbsp of Surf
D. Cannot be determined
END OF GENERAL EDUCATION